Compact whole tree drum chipper
CBI Chipmax 484 Whole Tree Chipper
The CBI Chipmax 484 is a compact drum whole tree chipper designed for high volume production. Consistently out-producing other drum chippers by up to 50 percent, the CBI 484 has production capabilities up to 120+ tph and can process logs up to 24″ diameter.
Powered by a CAT C-18 755hp and featuring two rotor options, the CBI 484 makes high-quality fuel chips custom sized from 12–25 mm or “micro-chips” from 2–12 mm. These wood microchips produce a consistent fiber length that dramatically reduces the overall cost of producing pellets and improves the function of small boilers.
- Available as a tracked, portable and truck-mounted.
- Larger feed opening, lower winged side walls, sloped deck, and reverse pivoting feed yoke make feeding brush and tops easy.
- Rotating discharge chute for top loading of trailers and 290° rotation for broadcast chip spreading minimize truck relocation during loading. Available in straight, flexible, or vertical configurations.
- Standard, pivoting or rotating chip deflector options to ensure smooth and precise discharge.
- CAT, C-18 755hp Tier 4 final engine.
- Infeed accepts logs up to 610mm (24”) in diameter. The optional apron-style conveyor prevents material spillage or four-strand, heavy-duty drag chain to screen abrasive material.
- IQAN control system with radio remote control.
- 1220mm (48″) infeed.
- 1220 x 1016mm (48″ x 40″) rotor.
- 500 mm triple grouser tracks on tracked models.
- Easy access for knife changes.
- Dynamic chip deflector options.
- It can quickly adjust to the loading angle.
19,300 - 29,500 kg
Up to 120 tph
Contact Us to Receive a Quote
Found what you’re looking for? Contact us and we’ll be happy to give you a free quote on any of our machines.Request a Quote