High-volume throughput horizontal grinder for land clearing, mulch and yard and storm waste
CBI 6800CT Portable Upswing Grinder
The CBI 6800 Horizontal Grinder has been specifically designed for land clearing companies and yard waste processors who demand high-volume throughput and maximum reliability. The first grinder ever made that can grind whole trees as fast as a 30″ chipper can chip – with a fraction of the prep and maintenance!
With an optional 1125 HP Cat C32 engine and production capacity of up to 200 tons per hour, the CBI 6800 is a mobile wood processing juggernaut. Whether it is whole trees, slash, storm debris, regrind, or C&D, the CBI 6800 will process material at a low cost per ton. Multiple grate and tip options are available to optimize for the material being processed and fine-tune your end product. Thanks to the full opening clamshell style rotor housing, changes are made quickly in the field enabling one machine to truly do it all.
The CBI 6800 features a high torque, hydrostatic feed system; PT Tech hydraulic clutch; and a choice of two CAT power plants. The 4” thick, high strength rotor core is shear pin protected. The entire system is controlled by IntelliGrind logic that incorporates feed speed that varies automatically with engine load, and an optional modem communications system that provides for real-time system diagnostics, analysis, and operating program adjustments allowing the operator to optimize performance while avoiding costly downtime. All this in a package that weighs between 82 – 89,000 pounds making it legally transportable on a standard lowboy! Available in portable, stationary, or track-mounted versions.
- Upper feed roller; high-torque Poclain hydraulic motor built into roller
- Large capacity feed hopper easily handles full-length trees or large material surges with no problem
- AR450 construction
- High ground clearance
- Split hog box for ease of maintenance and screen changes
- Caterpillar C-27, 1050 HP diesel engine
- 60″ wide cleated discharge belt provides unrestricted discharge of ground product
- Ready to accept optional discharge overband magnet
- Heavy-duty roller bearings
- Metal detection system to protect machine from tramp metal
- 60” x 60” shuttle conveyor allows screened-out material to be diverted from the main discharge
- 700mm triple grouser tracks with 2-speed motors for high-torque and speed
37,000 - 40,000 kg
1,066 - 5,181 mm
Contact Us to Receive a Quote
Found what you’re looking for? Contact us and we’ll be happy to give you a free quote on any of our machines.Request a Quote